Self-Assessment

 

Writing a blog is more interesting than I expected. I believed blog writing was just a place where you could speak your mind, but it’s becoming clearer to me that the same amount of work you’d put into an essay or research, you have to put into blog writing. When I first created The Daily Passionfruit, I thought of writing posts as less of an assignment and more “lax”. Because I wrote so “laxly”, it was easy to forget the requirements for my posts to meet the blog standards.


A relevant post would have relevant and creative content, easy for readers to learn and analyze, while being open enough for readers to discuss and respond to; it would contain embedded media, such as hyperlinks, images, examples, to help engage the reader and appeal to the audience. My first few posts didn’t include much media content or sources to engage my audience, just a lengthy paragraph and a picture of two. Although I put my best foot forward into my writing, reviewing and revising my work before publishing,  embedded media and formatting were becoming difficult to work with, so I put as little media as possible.


Writing for the public to see is intimidating, but I know with the critique of the public and my peers, I can learn a lot about writing as a blog post, and show progress through my posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rastafarian

To The Bahamas

Jamaica, My Love